Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Disney, Disney, Disney!!!




I think we all have days when things are off. They just don't seem quite right and we know we are missing something. Well, I'm having one of those days, and the "something" I'm missing is Disney World! I miss everything about it. I miss getting excited when Mickey waves at us during the parade. I miss getting soaked on Splash Mountain. I miss Dole Whips! Oh, how I miss Dole Whips! I miss listening to my husband ask what fairies are present at the meet and greet, and then ask about each one by name as the cast member told him he was the only man ever to name every fairy. I miss trying to beat my high score on Toy Story Mania! But, most of all I miss the excitement our children had on their faces every single time we went to the parks. I have also realized just how spoiled I was to have had Disney passes for 15 months, and I know what I want for Christmas this year:) I completely took them for granted and even remember turning down a couple of trips to Disney. Never again! I guess this "time off" will make it all the more joyous when we return.




2 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

LOVE THIS! And hate it for you all the same. How can I love such clean family-centered entertainment and good times and then when it's over wonder if it was healthy for me that I'm missing something so "material" so much?! But I do! OH I do! Anthony looked at me a couple days ago (while we were in IKEA mind you, so this was pretty significant) and said, "Ya know. If someone asked me what the best present anyone ever got me, I'd have to say the Disney passes. I just can't think of anything that could ever top that."

Wonder if Anthony will ever enter the magical world of fairies or if we'll lean heavy on the "pirates" part of the pirates and princesses? :)
We have no clue how long we'll be in the states when we come home next, but Disney tickets are on the list without a doubt!!

Oh, and 2 pics? 15 months of Disney and 2 pics is all we get? No Paul with fairies or Nolan with ice cream on his face?! C'mon now!

Paul & Julia said...

Well, I just read your comment...4 months later! HAHAHAHAHA! I'm a terrible, horrible, no good blogger. But, I did post a new one today...because you encouraged me! And yes, I felt like the passes were so materialistic and I was spending so much money on selfish things! On the other hand, I feel like we spend a lot more money on entertainment becuase a movie is at least $50 a trip! Those add up. Anthony will indeed learn the entire line up of princesses and fairies, and he will LOVE every minute of it. Probably more than he could imagine:) Did I mention we are going to Night of Joy next week? YAY! A little bit of Disney to hold me over. And we can't wait for the next time it's Roberts and Rivers go Disney!!!!!