Monday, March 24, 2008

"Let Them Eat Cake!"





I wasn't sure Ava would fully participate in the traditional cake eating with a cake of her own...boy did she prove me wrong. I started by giving her a little taste of the icing and that was all it took. She dove in, and the more people clapped and laughed, the more she ate. Once she had covered her arms and eaten until I'm sure she had a tummy ache, I pulled her out of her chair, and pulled her shirt off. Big mistake. She took her hands, covered with icing, and wiped it all over her belly. I now know that pink and black mixed together makes a grey-blue color. We finally got her all cleaned off and that night we were cleaning icing from behind her ears! What fun!

1 comment:

Sweet Caroline's Confections said...

That is great! I wish we could have stayed for this part. She really got into it. You did a great job with her party!